About Me

My photo
This blog is set up for 8th grade students in Mr. Carr's Early American History classes. If you need to contact me, use the following email address: damon.carr@leesummit.k12.mo.us

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Introduction to Year of the Hangman


By Gary Blackwood

What if...the British had won the Revolutionary War? The year is 1777. The rebellious American colonies have been soundly defeated by the powerful British redcoats. General George Washington has been captured and is to hang from the end of a gibbet. The rest of the revolutionary leaders have gone underground. This didn't happen, but it could have.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm from Crocker Middle School. I was reading the book for a book report for english class. I just finished, it's sad how Creighton stole so much $$$ from his mom. This was a great book, mainly for the plot I wonder if there will be a movie for the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @icybear21: Where is Crocker Middle School? It would be a great movie, but I have not heard any plans for it to be a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book for language arts and I think that it could have more of a tsist to it.

    ~Anonymous~

    ReplyDelete